Why Place of Refuge?
- Our housing programs offer a cost effective alternative to more expensive private programs in the Lower Mainland and throughout the province.
- It is a Christian faith-based program with an open door to everyone.
- We have a full time International Certified Addictions Counsellor that has over 20 years of experience in the field.
- We are one of only a few facilities in Vancouver that has a license to operate and meet all fire & safety codes.
- We offer a beautiful home that is owned by the Place of Refuge Society and has been completely renovated.
- It is conveniently located in South Vancouver and close to Langara College, YMCA, Bus and Train routes.
Place of Refuge transitional housing program is person-centred. Our approach is based on the belief that a spiritual foundation is of benefit to one's recovery and incorporates principles based upon 12-step and other abstinence-based models of recovery. Our program is founded on the belief that every individual is, or can learn to be, responsible for his or her own life and decisions. We offer a supportive environment to facilitate the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual recovery of the individual. Our residents participate in individual counselling,life skills education; including, employment and education readiness skills, referrals; and aftercare planning.
We work collaboratively with collateral resources such as Vancouver Coastal Health physicians & Mental Health Teams, Probation and the Courts to assist our residents with every need they may present while completing our second stage recovery program.
- Clients who have successfully completed detox and initial treatment.
- Clients who require follow up to initial recovery.
- Open to all regardless of faith commitment or participation.
- 8 full-time clients.