Place of Refuge Society is a Christian organization that provides transitional living accommodations in South Vancouver for people recovering from alcohol and drug addictions. Our mandate is to provide a safe environment for people to become healthy, confident and drug-free.
Our program is:
- Based on Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) and Narcotics Anonymous (N.A.) Programs
- Place of Refuge is a 12-step program with Christ identified as the higher power, although services are open to all regardless of faith commitment or participation
- Committed to abstinence-based recovery
- Ensures a drug, alcohol and violence free environment (zero tolerance policy)
Life at Place Of Refuge
Individuals who have successfully completed an abstinence based recovery program are eligible to live at the Place of Refuge where they:
- Attend 12-step meetings (Alcohol Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous)
- Attend the school of their choice to enhance their education and/or work in the local community
- Have access to group and one-on-one counseling
- Have 24 hr supervision
- Ensures a drug, alcohol and violence free environment
- Have assistance from professionally trained counsellors, facilitators, and resource people
- Are committed to an abstinence-based recovery program.